“George is recovering at the hospital and is in good spirits,” his rep told Deadline Saturday. “He even cracked a couple of jokes on the phone with me this morning.”
More from Deadline
- 'The Price Is Right' Host Drew Carey Told Teens: "I Forgave The Guy Who Murdered Amie"
- Amie Harwick's Ex-Boyfriend Pleads Not Guilty In Her Killing; Could Face Death Penalty If Convicted - Update
- 'American Ninja Warrior', 'America's Got Talent', 'Family Feud', 'The Price Is Right' & 'Card Sharks' Adjust Production Amid Coronavirus Crisis - Update
“His wife is by his side and he is looking to make a full recovery,” the rep added, saying Gray wants to thank his friends and fans for “the outpouring of love and support.”
Gray, 53, was transported to the hospital Monday after experiencing chest pains. He suffered a heart attack on the way to the hospital. After the first heart attack, doctors inserted a stent to restore blood flow in one of his arteries. The stent failed, and Gray had a second heart attack. A second stent was then inserted to increase his blood flow, but it also failed. He suffered a third heart attack while on the operating table.
Gray has been the announcer on The Price Is Right since 2011. TMZ first reported the news of his heart attacks.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll Passes 50,400 As Global Cases Rise To 2.7 Million - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto