In a Super Bowl exclusive, President Donald Trump sat down with Fox News host Sean Hannity for a discussion on where things stand. The interview took place before the Friday vote on witnesses in his Senate impeachment trial that all but assured his acquittal.
The Hannity interview contained little surprises, focusing on the impeachment, the administration’s accomplishments, the State of the Union and the Democratic contenders.
More from Deadline
- Super Bowl Audience Rises To 102 Million Multi-Platform Viewers, 'The Masked Singer' Draws 23.7 Million On Fox
- Super Bowl Ads: Which Brands Made The Most Of Big-Game Spotlight?
- How To Watch Donald Trump Impeachment Trial Online And On TV - Livestream
Trump called Bernie Sanders “a communist,” said Joe Biden was “sleepy,” and characterized Elizabeth Warren’s political platform as “a fairy tale.” Nancy Pelosi? A “very confused, very nervous woman.”
Trump said he’d like to work with the Democrats, but saw how impossible that would be, given what’s happened.
“I’d like to, but it’s pretty hard when you think about it,” Trump said, “It’s been very unfair.”
Watch the interview above.
Best of Deadline
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers