Kid Trunks is looking to make a splash in 2018.
Just a few days after releasing his Ski Mask the Slump God-featuring “Not Legal,” the Florida rapper offers up the effervescent single “Day Dream,” featuring fellow Florida native Robb Bank$. “Day Dream” also follows the 17-year-old's video for “IDK.”
“[Banks is] family,” Trunks said of his latest collaboration. “I met him through Ski and [XXXTentacion]. And basically we've just been going to the studio and building the relationship. And boom, we just elevated. He's given me good advice to be true to myself and everybody that I love, and to be loyal.”
Super Saiyan is slated for release on May 25 and will include production from Richie Souf, D Rein, Adam on the Track, and Black Amethyst.
“That shit bout to be so fuckin' crazy,” Trunks said of the project. “I know it's about to let people know to wake up and stop sleeping on me. I worked on this album for the longest. With this one I wanted to let people have a taste of who I really am. I'm trying to spread a message in this album that you can do anything you possibly want, no matter what age, no matter who you are. All my life I was talked down on a lot and I'm just grateful to be in this position.”
Check out "Day Dream" featuring Robb Bank$ below and pre-order Super Saiyan on iTunes.
- L8LOOMER Returns with the Moody, Vibrant "Hate Being In Love"
- Premiere: Childish Major Drops Video for "NoEyeInTeam"
- Premiere: Ebenezer and A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie Link Up on "When I Call Em"
More from Complex
- 03 Greedo Says His Legacy Will Be Greater Than Michael Jackon's
- 'Charmed' Star Holly Marie Combs on Reboot: 'I Hope the New Show Is Far Better Than the Marketing'
- Tinker Hatfield's Air Jordan 6s Rumored to Drop This Fall
- Vince Staples: 'I Hate the 'Who Can Say the N Word' Conversation'
- Kyle Kuzma Responds to Isaiah Thomas' Trolling, Calls Him 'Stewart Little'