The post Pregnant City Girls rapper Yung Miami target of drive-by shooting in Florida appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Yung Miami, one half of hip-hop duo City Girls, was the target of a drive-by shooting in Florida early Tuesday. The pregnant rapper, as well as her unborn child, were not injured.
The incident took place in the group’s hometown of Miami as the rapper was driving away from Circle House recording studio. According to the 26-year-old MC, the shots came from behind her Mercedes-Benz SUV, and at least one bullet struck a spare tire.
Yung Miami explains what happened. pic.twitter.com/QVen3dapf2
— Saycheese TV 👄🧀 (@SaycheeseDGTL) August 6, 2019
At this time, Miami-Dade police Det. Lee Cowart said they had no immediate suspects in mind, but that the investigation is still in progress.
Yung Miami, real name Caresha Romeka Brownlee, announced her pregnancy in June, though it’s unclear how far along she is.
City Girls released their most recent album, Girl Code, last November. It featured Cardi B and was later supported with a tour alongside Lil Baby. The rap two-piece is also known for contributing to Drake’s smash hit “In My Feelings”.
- Full Woodstock recording to air on WXPN at exact time of original festival
- DEVO confirm rare live appearance at Desert Daze: "This could be the last time DEVO plays on this planet"
- Jack Black and Jack White have finally recorded a song together
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth announce separation
- Disgraced Lostprophets singer Ian Watkins gets more prison time after hiding phone in anus