The post Phoebe Bridgers Covers Bright Eyes classic “First Day of My Life”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Recorded from quarantine as part of Deezer’s Home Sessions, the rendition is hushed and fragile, not unlike the original off 2005’s I’m Wide Awake, It’s Morning. “She totally could have written this,” one commenter on Reddit said. Hear it for yourself below.
Of course, Bridgers and Oberst have a connection that goes well beyond cover songs. The two formed Better Oblivion Community Center in 2018 and released their self-titled debut the following year. While on tour, the pair was known for their own selection of live covers; they put their own spin on Lady Gaga’s “Shallow”, as well as The Killers’ “Human”.
Later this month, Bridgers will release a new solo album called Punisher. In support, she’s been livestreaming home performances. On June 4th, her online event will also serve as a fundraiser for The Bail Project, which has been helping protestors get out of jail. All profits from merch sales on Thursday will also benefit the organization.
— traitor joe (@phoebe_bridgers) June 3, 2020
- Mark Wahlberg's History of Hate Crimes Resurfaces Following George Floyd Tribute Post
- Trump's Space Force Loses Early Trademark Battle to Netflix's Space Force
- System of a Down's John Dolmayan Calls President Trump the "Greatest Friend to Minorities"
- Krist Novoselic Praises Trump for "Strong and Direct" Law and Order Speech
- Morrissey's Blackout Tuesday Post Totally Backfired