CBS Sports scored a hole in one when it came to their coverage of the Charles Schwab Challenge. The network’s return to PGA Tour golf managed to deliver the tournament’s most-watched final round in 16 years.
The final round averaged 3.09 million viewers which is an increase of +50% from last year. The national average household rating also was up +50% with a 2.1. The audience for the final round peaked at 3.88 million viewers and a 2.6 rating/share from 5:45-6:00pm ET.
More from Deadline
- 'Celebrity Family Feud' Leads Sunday Ratings; 'Hollywood Game Night' Stumbles
- ABC's 'Don't' Premiere Does Top Thursday Ratings; 'Man With A Plan' Steady In Farewell
- 'Ultimate Tag' And 'Game On!' Top Wednesday Ratings; 'Bulletproof' Returns Low
This marks the first tournament since Turner Sports’ live coverage of The Match: Champions for Charity — the one-off golf match teaming Tiger Woods and Peyton Manning against Phil Mickelson and Tom Brady. This tournament delivered an average of 5.8 million viewers across TNT, TBS, truTV and HLN on Saturday afternoon. The network said it was the most-watched golf telecast in the history of cable television.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Cases Top 2 Million, CDC Says, As Death Toll Nears 114,000 - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto