Daniel Radcliffe’s real nemesis is tap water. Last night on Conan, Radcliffe revealed how he accidentally poisoned himself on the set of his new movie Horns (in select theaters now). Horns, based on the bestselling dark fantasy novel, was filmedin Canada during the winter, and the water on set was laced with antifreeze to prevent the pipes from freezing. “I drank a full cup of nonpotable water – so I guess like, half anti-freeze,” Radcliffe told host Conan O’Brien. In Horns, Radcliffe plays a DJ who sprouts goat-like horns and develops strange powers after his girlfriend (played by Juno Temple) is mysteriously murdered.
Daniel Radcliffe is known for being one of the most calm and candid actors in show business — especially when it comes to dealing with the press. It’s also found Radcliffe drawing strong reviews for his work on stage, including starring roles in the revivals of both Equus (in which he went full monty) and How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (in which he proved his mettle as a song-and-dance man). “It’s romantic, without being too sappy, and it’s genuinely funny,” says Radcliffe says of the film, in which he stars as a man struggling to keep from falling in love with his friend, played by (Ruby Sparks’ Zoe Kazan).
Daniel Radcliffe starred in eight films in the Harry Potter series, the most successful movie franchise of all time. The 6000-something fans in attendance made Radcliffe feel at home as moderator Dave Karger (Fandango) led them in serenading the actor with a rendition of ‘Happy Birthday’ (Radcliffe turned 25 two days ago). Radcliffe was joined by Horns director Alexandre Aja and novelist Joe Hill.