Penélope Cruz and Antonio Banderas are to topline Spanish-language feature Competencia Oficial, which is due to get underway in Spain at the end of next month. Veteran Argentine actor Oscar Martínez will also star.
The movie is co-written and co-directed by Argentine filmmaking duo Mariano Cohn and Gastón Duprat. Andrés Duprat also scripted. The MediaPro Studio is producing.
More from Deadline
- 'Pain And Glory' Sweeps Top Honors At Spain's Goya Awards
- 'Pain and Glory's Oscar-Nominated Antonio Banderas On Future Of Foreign Language Awards: "It Takes Time To Adapt"
- 'Pain & Glory': Read Pedro Almodóvar's Script For His Awards-Season Film
Banderas and Martínez will play actors with very different track records whose methods clash during the preparation for a movie financed by a notorious and over-eager millionaire. Cruz will play the film’s prestigious but eccentric director.
Additional cast includes José Luis Gómez, Carlos Hipólito, Koldo Olabarri, Irene Escolar, Nagore Aramburu, Pilar Castro and Juan Grandinetti.
This will be The MediaPro Studio’s third co-production with Cohn and Duprat after My Masterpiece and 4×4.
Best of Deadline
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers