On Tuesday, the Seattle rockers announced a new AR stunt that allows fans to preview new song “Superblood Wolfmoon” through an augmented reality experience.
More from Variety
- Pearl Jam to Play Special SiriusXM Concert at New York's Apollo Theater
- Songs for Screens: Synchs, Artist Cameos Help Super Bowl Music Market Finish Strong
- Verizon Bets on Harrison Ford, Pearl Jam to Make Quiet Super Bowl Ad Speak
By visiting Moon.PearlJam.com, fans can then point their mobile phones at the moon, which triggers a snippet of the riffy new single, “Superblood Wolfmoon.”
The band’s label, Republic Records, partnered with interactive company Powster on the promotion.
“Engaging Pearl Jam fans to go outside and experience the moon in an exciting way is a testament to the innovative spirit the band brings to music,” said Bill Gerdts of Republic Records.
The AR experience will be available through Feb. 19 when “Superblood Wolfmoon” gets released digitally in full.
Pearl Jam’s eleventh studio album, “Gigaton,” arrives March 27.
Best of Variety
- Oscars 2020: The Complete Winners List
- Final Oscar Predictions: Who Will Win in the Major Categories?
- Oscars 2020: How to Stream and Watch Online