The post Patti Smith delivers stunning cover of “After the Gold Rush” on Fallon: Watch appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Patti Smith made a rare TV appearance on Thursday, taking to The Tonight Show to promote her new memoir Year of the Monkey. While there, the legendary singer-songwriter and poet sat down for a brief chat with Jimmy Fallon to discuss the project, as well as reflect on her first time meeting Bob Dylan and using Instagram. She then closed the show with a stunning performance of Neil Young’s “After the Gold Rush”. Replay the various clips below.
In related news, Smith recently wrote and dedicated a poem to Greta Thunberg for the young activist’s 17th birthday. In March, she’ll embark on a brief tour, culminating with an appearance on The National’s Homecoming Festival. Grab your tickets here.
- Barack Obama lands first Oscar nomination
- Grimes announces she is pregnant
- R.I.P. Neil Peart, legendary Rush drummer dies at 67
- Snoop Dogg smokes blunt outside White House: "Fuck the president"
- Pearl Jam announce new album Gigaton, North American tour