A survivor of the 2018 school shooting in Parkland, Florida, told VICE News that QAnon led his father to believe the massacre was a hoax.
He said that his father became engrossed in QAnon during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The teen said his dad now believes that the deadly 2018 shooting was a "false flag" event
The father of a Parkland school shooting survivor has become engrossed in QAnon during the COVID-19 pandemic and now believes that the deadly school massacre was a hoax and that his son was a paid actor, according to a report from VICE News.
The man's son, who earlier this year was among the last class at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School that survived the shooting to graduate, told Vice News that his father was an anti-masker who "turned to the internet to find like-minded people which led him to QAnon."
"From there it snowballed into what he is today, believing that if the government is able to overthrow an election, then everything else is probably a lie too," the 18-year-old, who previously detailed his story on Reddit, said.
The teen, who is only identified under the alias of "Bill" in the Vice News story, said his father believes that the 2018 shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School was a "false flag" event, and that along with his classmates, the shooting suspect, Nikolas Cruz, was "a radical commie actor."
The shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School was among the deadliest school shootings in US history; 17 people were killed in the massacre on February 14, 2018.
Cruz is expected to go to trial in the shooting in September.
For now, the teen that spoke with Vice News is looking to end all contact with his father.
"He'll never stop on his own because there are always new theories and goalposts being moved," the survivor told Vice News. "I don't know how to help someone that far gone."
Read the original article on Insider