EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures has made a deal to turn the horror short film Laura Hasn’t Slept into a theatrical feature. The short’s writer-director Parker Finn also will write and helm the film, and Temple Hill will produce. Finn is repped by Grandview and CAA.
Laura Hasn’t Slept was set to premiere as SXSW in March, before the event was canceled. Despite that setback, the short film won the Special Jury Recognition Prize for SXSW’s Midnight Short category. The title character (played by Caitlin Stasey) is a young woman desperate to rid herself of a recurring nightmare. She seeks help from her therapist to confront the terror.
More from Deadline
- Universal Sets 5-Picture Deal With ‘Unfriended’ Producer Timur Bekmambetov's Screenlife Movies
- Paramount Nabs Feature Spec 'Flight' From 'Escape Plan' Scribe Miles Chapman; Johannes Roberts Directing
- Paramount Names Deborah Aquila & Tricia Wood As Casting EVPs
Here is a teaser trailer:
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll Passes 105,000 As Global Cases Top 6 Million - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto