The newly revamped Fashion Awards, held Monday at the Royal Albert Hall in London, promised to be “the Met Gala meets the Academy Awards.” It’s nearly impossible to live up to that amount of hype, especially when celebuspawns like Jaden Smith, 18, and his little sister Willow, 16, win one of the big honors of the evening. (They are apparently the “New Fashion Icons”). But that doesn’t mean there weren’t great moments. Here are our favorite photos from the festivities.
1. Getting Grilled. Now that it’s settled in your brain that Will and Jada’s son has a sense of style that you should want to emulate, know that he celebrated by popping in his grill, which he skipped for the red carpet, putting his hair in his face, and cheesing for the camera in his snazzy suit. Jaden, who was without his little sis, was probably also thinking about something happy, but also thinking of something sad. Like: Winning an award and the opposite of winning an award. Ya know? (Neither do we.)
2. Gaga Over Gaga. The “Joanne” singer went with a pretty demure look (for her) but rocked some killer heels (the kind that led to this). The photographers ate it up — and the blonde, who was a presenter, certainly enjoyed posing for them in a very dramatic, dress-blowing pose.
3. Once a Mommy, Always a Mommy. Fresh off her Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show high, catwalker Gigi Hadid collected the prize for International Model of the Year. Not too shabby. While she opted not to have Zayn Malik by her side (sad face), she did bring her mama, former model and Housewife Yolanda Hadid, who was put to work fixing her little girl’s Atelier Versace ensemble.
4. He’s No Shrinking Violet. Behold … Jared Leto, a presenter, and his amazing technicolor dreamcoat (by Gucci).
5. Getting a Leg Up. We can imagine Salma Hayek‘s hubby, billionaire businessman François-Henri Pinault, who owns Gucci, saying, “Come on, honey, show some more leg.” (Of course, she is wearing Gucci.)
6. Do I Have Any Lipstick on My Teeth? Presenter Marilyn Manson flashed his platinum pearly whites…
7. Dental Duo: … and maybe discussed dentistry with Jaden Smith? (Odd couple alert.)
8. Karlie Kloss Knows Her Best Angle. Who’s not embarrassed to take a selfie at a star-studded event? This girl.
9. Talk to the Hand. Leto, with Gucci’s Alessandro Michele at an afterparty, looks as if he’s having the best conversation he’s had all night.
10. Team Kate. And we have no idea who this woman is next to Kate Moss outside the event, but we love that she is just UTTERLY LOSING HER #$@% while Kate stands there smiling and looking perfect. That, folks, is what supermodels are supposed to do.