The post Orville Peck and Paul Cauthen Cover Righteous Brothers Classics for Record Store Day: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
As you may have gathered from their moniker, the two alt-country artists put their own spin on classic songs from The Righteous Brothers. Specifically, their upcoming 7-inch features renditions of “Unchained Melody” and “You’ve Lost That Lovin’ Feelin'”, both timeless hits from the ’60s.
Just as they offer refreshing takes on country music, Peck and Cauthen reimagine the Righteous Brothers in a way that stays true to their artistry. Which is to say their covers simultaneously honor the rich soulfulness of the originals while injecting just the right amount of earnest melodrama.
“When I first heard Orville’s voice, I knew we’d sound good together,” Cauthen remarked in a press statement. “I’ve always wanted to cover some Righteous Brothers tunes, but it took time to find the person I could pull it off with.” Well, the wait was certainly worthwhile.
- Orville Peck and Rina Sawayama Cover Pop Hits for Pride Month: Stream
- 10 Country Albums Every Music Fan Should Own
Stream The Unrighteous Brothers’ two cover songs below. The recordings will be available on 7-inch this Saturday, September 26th, for Record Store Day’s second of three celebratory weekends. Proceeds will donated to MusiCares, which provides musicians with critical assistance in times of need.
- Dave Chappelle Unloads on Critics Upon Winning Emmy for Best Variety Special
- Ranking: Every Martin Scorsese Film from Worst to Best
- Filter's Richard Patrick on Quitting Nine Inch Nails: Trent Reznor Told Me to Deliver Pizza
- Dolly Parton Finally Puts Longtime Tattoo Rumors to Rest
- Rolling Stone Updated Its Top 500 Albums of All Time List So It's No Longer Just White Dudes
- The Doobie Brothers Wrote Bill Murray the Best Cease and Desist Letter