Hang on to your filler paper, The Office fans: The NBC sitcom turned 15 this year. Spotify is marking a decade and a half of mockumentary laughs with a new limited-series podcast hosted by a start-to-finish cast member.
Brian Baungartner, who played the affable accountant Kevin Malone, is set to host and executive produce An Oral History of The Office. The podcast chronicles how this unlikely UK import from Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant made it to the U.S. airwaves — from the search for a network home to the casting, assembling the talent behind the camera and the memorable storylines and major moments.
More from Deadline
- 'The Office' Deletes Blackface Scene From 2012 Christmas Episode
- 'Insecure' EP Prentice Penny Calls Out Hollywood's Blackface Whitewash & Sliding Scale, And Offers Plan For True Change - Guest Column
- Kim Kardashian West Plans Spotify Criminal Justice Podcast; Don Lemon Debuts Audio Series For CNN
The Office eventually ran for nine seasons from 2005-13 and was Emmy-nominated for Outstanding Comedy Series six years in a row, winning for Season 2 in 2006. It remains one of the world’s most-streamed series.
Listen to the first trailer for the 12-episode An Oral History of The Office here:
The podcast features interviews with Steve Carell ( who played Michael Scott), John Krasinski (Jim Halpert), Rainn Wilson (Dwight Schrute), Jenna Fischer (Pam Beesly), Angela Kinsey (Angela Martin) and many others. It also includes conversations with creator and executive producer Greg Daniels, EP Ben Silverman, Gervais, Merchant and executives, crew and special guests including Billie Eilish.
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Pass 50,000 For First Time As Donald Trump Says, "It's Working Out Very Well"- Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto