EXCLUSIVE: ABC has put in development Once More, a single-camera half-hour comedy from Superstore creator Justin Spitzer, Sean Hayes and Todd Milliner’s Hazy Mills and Universal TV, where Spiitzer and Hazy Mills are under deals
Written by Jack Moore (Queen America, Dear White People), Once More revolves around Will Wilde, a 45-year-old sad sack of a man whose life has not turned out how he’d hoped. That is until one fateful day when Will makes a wish and wakes up to find himself back in his childhood bedroom. It’s 1999 and Will is 12 years old again, only now he has all the knowledge and memories of his 45 year old self. With the help of a Wonder Years-like narration from his adult self, Will tries to sort out how he ended up back in this position and how to best handle getting what he’s always wanted: a second chance at life.
More from Deadline
- 'A Million Little Things' Fall Finale: Creator DJ Nash On Smashing Ending, Its Aftermath & Who's Buddy
- 'Grey's Anatomy' Season 16 Fall Finale Cliffhanger: Who Has Daddy Issues?
- Krista Vernoff On How 'Grey's Anatomy' Fall Finale Tees Off Season 3 Of 'Station 19', Sexier 'Grey's' At 9 PM, "Messier" 'Station 19' & "More Unified Storytelling"
Spitzer, Hayes and Milliner executive produce. Universal TV, part of NBCU Content Studios, is the studio.
Moore worked as a writer on Hazy Mills’ NBC/Uni TV comedy series Crowded.
This is Hazy Mills’ fourth broadcast sale this development cycle and second to ABC. The company also has Freedom, a multi-camera comedy from writer-producer Suzanne Martin, with a put pilot commitment at ABC, along with two projects at NBC, a Jim Jefferies-Suzanne Martin multi-camera comedy, which has a put pilot commitment, and CIA drama The Translator’s Daughter.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers