The post Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds share new song “A Dream Is All I Need To Get By”: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
When Noel Gallagher is not trying to break up the Foo Fighters or busy trashing his brother Liam, he is making music with his band High Flying Birds. The English alt-rockers are on the verge of releasing a new EP, This is the Place, and today are previewing it with “A Dream Is All I Need to Get By”.
The follow-up to last month’s title track, “A Dream” may have listeners comparing High Flying Birds to The Smiths — that is, according to Gallagher himself.
“To my ears it sounds like one of those iconic B-sides by The Smiths, only obviously not as good,” the former Oasis member commented in a press release. “A song that was born very quickly which is always a good sign … like it’s always existed … somewhere … Manchester probably.”
Stream it down below.
This is the Place arrives September 27th and follows the band’s Black Star Dancing EP from June.
- R.I.P. Ric Ocasek, frontman of The Cars, dead at 75
- R.I.P. Eddie Money, veteran rock singer dead at 70
- R.I.P. Daniel Johnston, lo-fi songwriting legend dead at 58
- Josh Homme to release new Desert Sessions in October
- 10 Nü-Metal Songs That Don't Totally Suck
- SNL fires Shane Gillis following racist, homophobic jokes