Nipsey Hussle dropped his debut studio album last year after a decade in the game. Now that he's had a taste of the studio system, he's ready to crank out huge releases. Hussle revealed that he's not going to squander the momentum of his Grammy-nominated album Victory Lap.
In a talk with 92.3 Los Angeles, Nipsey said that he's already working on a new solo album and that he plans to drop a joint record with Meek Mill this summer.
"We working right now as we speak," he said of an upcoming, unnamed solo project. "We on album time right now. Next thing we going to put out musically is an album."
He also said that the Meek Mill collaboration should drop in time for the summer and that putting together the album is just a matter of finding the time.
"We've been cutting ideas and just getting in. We got a couple records that's going to go off for the summer," he said. "It's not hard at all we just got to lock in and get the records done."
Nipsey also admitted that he thinks Meek has reached a new level since getting home from prison, after a host asked if he thought that Meek had changed following his return to prison on probation violations.
"I think Meek elevated, applied the game he got from being in the game for a while and just elevated," Nipsey said.
Take a look at the interview up top and hear more about Nipsey's collaborations in his talk with The Cruz Show below.
More from Complex
- Megan Thee Stallion Doesn't Waste a Single Second of Her Fire in the Booth Freestyle
- Giants Are Reportedly 'Still Involved' in Odell Beckham Jr. Trade Talks
- Son's Viral Tweet Helps Dad's New Donut Shop Pick Up Serious Business
- Bill de Blasio Slammed for Flailing Arms to R. Kelly Song in Church
- Here’s How Pete Davidson Addressed His Kate Beckinsale Relationship on ‘SNL’