The post Nina Simone’s rare 1982 album, Fodder On My Wings, to be reissued appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Nina Simone’s 1982 album, Fodder On My Wings, is being reissued in a variety of formats including CD and vinyl, as well as widely available digitally for the first time.
Fodder On My Wings was recorded following Simone’s move to France in 1982 during a time of particular solitude and as her mental health worsened. In the studio, she was joined by a horn and rhythm section composed of African French musicians, as well as backing singers and an organist. Simone produced the album entirely herself.
The album was originally recorded for a small French record label and has only been available sporadically since its initial release. The forthcoming reissue, due out on April 3rd via Verve/UMe, contains three bonus tracks from the original recording sessions.
Below, you can hear the opening track, “I Sing Just To Know That I’m Alive”. The artwork and 13-song tracklist follow.
- Nina Simone’s childhood home to be restored, daughter Lisa to perform benefit concert
- JAY-Z, Nina Simone, Cyndi Lauper music added to Library of Congress
Fodder On My Wings Artwork:
Fodder On My Wings Tracklist:
01. I Sing Just To Know That I’m Alive
02. Fodder In Her Wings
03. Vous êtes seuls, mais je désire être avec vous
04 Il y a un baume à Gilhead
05. Liberian Calypso
06. Alone Again (Naturally)
07. I Was Just A Stupid Dog To Them
08. Color Is A Beautiful Thing
09. Le Peuple en Suisse
10. Heaven Belongs To You
13. They Took My Hand
- Rage Against the Machine Announce 40-Date Reunion Tour
- Snoop Dogg goes after Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King over treatment of accused black male celebrities [Updated]
- Adam Sandler chides Oscar nominees as "feather-haired douchebag motherfuckers" during Spirit Awards speech
- Ned Flanders-inspired metal band Okilly Dokilly announce tour, unleash "Slaughterhouse" single: Stream
- Worldwide vinyl record supply threatened by "devastating" fire at lacquer manufacturer