Kevin Hart is re-enrolling in Night School at NBC’s behest.
The Peacock net has placed a pilot order for a multi-cam sitcom based on the 2018 Universal comedy pic that starred Hart and Tiffany Haddish, neither of whom will appear in the TV adaptation. Hart, however, is on board as an exec producer.
More from TVLine
- New Amsterdam Sneak Peek: Bloom Faces a Painful Crisis During Lockdown
- Alien Spaceship Crash Drama From Fringe EP Gets NBC Pilot Order
- This Is Us Adds Sophia Bush: Is She Playing Kevin's Next Love Interest?
The Community-esque project — from Marlon creator Chris Moynihan — “centers on a unique mix of adults at a night school GED prep class who unexpectedly bond over their shared experience and find themselves helping each other both inside and outside of the classroom,” per the official logline.
Joining Hart and Moynihan in the EP ranks are Will Packer and Malcolm Lee.
Despite withering reviews, Night School grossed an impressive $77.3 million stateside.
Best of TVLine
- The Big Bang Theory Pilot Revisited: 15 Memorable Moments (Including a Few In-Hindsight Continuity Errors)
- HIMYM Pilot Revisited: The Blue French Horn and More — 10 Years Later
- Revenge Pilot Revisited: Emily Meets Victoria, Plus 18 Other Key Moments