Ricky Paull Goldin has found his next daytime-TV destination, joining CBS’ The Bold and the Beautiful as Jesse, the bad-seed father of Maya’s child and thus an imminent thorn in Rick’s side.
“I’ve always been cast as the hero with a few flaws,” Goldin tells TV Guide Magazine of choosing his latest gig. “Jesse is a really dark guy with a lot of potential layers and that’s very attractive to me.
Goldin, whose previous soap opera credits include Guiding Light, Another World and All My Children, will first air on May 15.
Ready for more of today’s TV dish? Well….
* Designing woman Jean Smart is getting Hot in Cleveland, TVLine has learned exclusively. The actress will guest-star in a Season 4B episode of the TV Land hit as the sister of Wendie Malick’s Victoria.
* At the GLAAD Media Awards on Saturday night, Smash took home the prize for Outstanding Drama Series, The Amazing Race won in the Reality-TV race and Anderson Cooper was honored with the Vito Russo Award, which recognizes an openly lesbian, gay, bisexual or transgender media professional who has made a significant difference in promoting equality.
* The 67th annual Tony Awards will be broadcast live by CBS on Sunday, June 9, at 8/7c. (Nominations come out April 30.)
* Fox on Monday, May 6 will world premiere Rihanna 777, a concert documentary offering a behind-the-scenes look at the pop star’s unprecedented globetrotting concert tour that hit seven countries in seven days with seven shows to promote her seventh album.
* HBO has been trickling out more and more promos for Game of Thrones Season 3 (premiering March 31). Here is the latest tease: