Lil Wayne Released from Hospital After Six Days

Lil Wayne | Photo Credits: Kevin Mazur/WireImage

Lil Wayne was released on Monday after six days in the hospital.

"Thanks to Cedar Sinai for everything!!! @LilTunechi has been officially been released and is headed home....God is great," Mack Maine, president of Wayne's label Young Money Entertainment, tweeted Monday.

"God son just release frm hospital.thanks 4 all tha luv.YMCMB.Richgang," rapper Birdman added.

Photos: The biggest celebrity cheating scandals

Wayne was admitted to the hospital last Tuesday after suffering a seizure. On Friday, after TMZ reported the rapper was in a medical coma and being prepared for his last rites, Wayne combatted the rumors, tweeting that night, "I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love."

Birdman continued to clear up the false speculation surrounding Wayne's health, calling in to Hot 97's Angie Martinez Show Monday afternoon.

"He had a seizure and we brought him to the hospital. We've been here ever since. But he's doin' much better and he's in good shape right now," Birdman explained, shooting down rumors Wayne had multiple seizures and multiple hospital stays.

Photos: Child stars who grew up — and stripped down!

Birdman, who was with the rapper when he began seizing, also denied the theories that Wayne's condition is in any way tied to drug use. "To me, it's just his work ethic," he said. "It's just how he put in and what he believe in and how hard he work, how much dedication he gives to music and his fans and what he tryin' to accomplish in life. It had nothing to do with drugs. He just needs to get some rest, relax, take it one day at a time."

When it came to reports that Wayne was on his deathbed, Birdman clarified, "He was never in that kind of situation throughout the whole few days we've been in the hospital. He never been about to die. We got family and kids. When you putting out false rumors like that, you can really damage families like that, fear them and have them feared."