The post Neutral Milk Hotel’s Jeff Mangum Endorses Bernie Sanders appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Neutral Milk Hotel’s Jeff Mangum has made a rare public statement to express his support for Bernie Sanders.
“hello my friends! just writing to ask you to please vote for bernie,” Mangum said in a brief note shared by his wife, Astra Taylor, on Twitter.
Last fall, Mangum popped up at New York City’s Global Climate Strike. He was seen holding a sign reading, “Climate Denial is Death”. Otherwise, Mangum has kept a relatively low profile since Neutral Milk Hotel wrapped their reunion tour in 2015.
Mangum joins a long list of indie rockers to have endorsed Sanders. In recent weeks, The Strokes, Vampire Weekend, Bon Iver, Miike Snow, Lykke Li, and even newly minted US citizen Neil Young have all shown their support for the Democratic presidential candidate. So has Public Enemy’s Chuck D, though his participation in a Sanders campaign rally led to Flavor Flav’s firing from the group.
My husband Jeff Mangum of Neutral Milk Hotel just sent out a message in support of Bernie Sanders and I endorse his endorsement. pic.twitter.com/h27VrmBmwf
— Astra Taylor (@astradisastra) March 2, 2020
- Flavor Flav Hits Bernie Sanders With Cease and Desist Over Public Enemy Campaign Appearance
- Public Enemy Fire Flavor Flav
- Hilary Duff Doesn't Want Lizzie McGuire Reboot to Be "Family-Friendly", Asks to Move to Hulu
- Cedric Bixler-Zavala Denounces Former Bandmate Beto O'Rourke for Endorsing Joe Biden
- Bloodhound Gang Announces Hooray For Boobies 20th Anniversary Reissue