EXCLUSIVE: AP Bio star Lyric Lewis and Floor Is Lava host Rutledge Wood are fronting a BBQ competition series for Netflix.
More from Deadline
- Netflix Tests Shuffle Play Button On Home Page Which Plays Random Titles For Viewers
- Kevin Hart On Cancel Culture's "Bad Environment" And Defending Ellen & Nick Cannon: "I Know Who They Are"
- 'Patriot Act With Hasan Minhaj' Canceled After Six Seasons On Netflix
The eight-part food competition series follows the country’s best backyard smokers and competitive barbecuers as they compete for the title of American Barbecue Champion.
Judges are Kevin Bludso, founder of Bludso’s BBQ, widely considered one of the best BBQ joints in Los Angeles, and Melissa Cookston, the seven time world barbequeue champion and owner of Memphis BBQ Company.
In each episode, Bludso and Cookston will task the cookers with a challenge that will test their barbecue skills in ways they couldn’t possibly imagine. From unique meats to old school techniques, they will have to prove they have the skills to smoke another day.
American BBQ Showdown is produced by Maverick TV USA and All3Media America, with John Hesling, Simon Knight, Tim Pastore, and Daniel Calin serving as executive producers.
The show, which launches on the digital service on September 18, is the latest food format and docu-series for the streamer. It joins the likes of Ugly Delicious, Nailed It! and Chef’s Table on the Netflix dinner table.
“Competition doesn’t get more delicious than in the world of barbecue, especially when it comes to our eight hopeful pitmasters as they stoke their flames against each other, and the clock, to be crowned American Barbecue Champion,” said John Hesling, President, Maverick TV USA. “Distinct flavors, techniques, creativity and humor are all on display as our barbecue competitors are put to the test in the hottest battle they’ve ever faced in American Barbecue Showdown.”
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: New Cases Break Record 70,000 For The First Time; Infections Up 40% Since Early July
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto