When the show returns later this fall, Castille’s character, FBI Agent Devin Rountree — who arrived on the scene toward the end of Season 11 and played a large role in the ersatz finale — will receive a job offer from Callen (Chris O’Donnell) and Hanna (LL Cool J). It’s probably safe to assume he will accept it.
As exec producer Kyle Harimoto recounted to Deadline, Castille’s hiring last season came after he tasked casting directors Susan Bluestein and Jason Kennedy with finding “a talented young actor who was extremely funny, highly athletic, charismatic and had an incredible work ethic. After they finished laughing at us, they started an exhaustive national casting search.”
The pair found Castille and Harimoto says all parties “knew immediately that he was going to be the person to give life to FBI Agent Devin Rountree.”
Castille’s prior TV credits include a co-starring role in CBS All Access’ Tell Me a Story.
More from TVLine
- CBS Sunday Night Movies to Resume in October, Forcing Big Brother to Move
- Ratings: ACM Awards Drop vs. April 2019 But Still Dominate Wednesday
- Taylor Swift Performs 'Betty' at 2020 ACM Awards -- Watch
Best of TVLine
- TV Roles Recast: 25+ Times a Show Changed Actors Midstream (and Why)
- Stars Who Almost Played Other TV Roles — on Grey's Anatomy, NCIS, Lost, Gilmore Girls, Friends and Other Shows
- TV Stars Almost Cast in Other Roles