NBC’s Thanksgiving NFL game that saw the surging New Orleans Saints handle their rivals the Atlanta Falcons on Thursday Night Football was easily night’s top-rated and most-watched program, capping a holiday schedule the network kicked off with coverage of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
The Saints’ 26-18 victory scored a 5.3 rating in the adults 18-49 demographic and 18.17 million viewers in fast-affiliate Nielsen ratings, making it the most-watched primetime Thursday program since NBC’s NFL season kickoff September 5.
More from Deadline
- Macy's Thanksgiving Parade Ratings Steady With 2018 As Al Roker Battles Butter Man
- 'A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving' Tops Pre-Turkey Day Ratings, 'Ellen's Game of Games' Takes A Hit
- 'The Conners', 'FBI' And 'NCIS' Get A Tuesday Ratings Boost ; 'The Resident' Takes A Hit
Most of the rest of the primetime lineup punted with repeats Thursday night, though ABC’s fresh The Wonderful World of Disney Presents: Magical Holiday Celebration (0.5, 2.80M) ticked up a notch from last year’s special.
CBS aired all repeats, with Young Sheldon currently topping the night among scripted shows thanks to NFL overrun from the network’s afternoon Dallas-Buffalo game. Fox was the only other network with a new Almost Family (0.3, 1.19M), which shifted from its regular Wednesday slot and ticked down a tenth from its episode the night before.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers