In the statement, the family thanked everyone who was involved in the search and recovery missions. They also expressed gratitude to those who prayed for Rivera’s well-being, but they did explain that they need privacy as they mourn their loss.
“We are so grateful for the outpouring of love and prayers for Naya, Josey and our family over the past week. While we grieve the loss of our beautiful legend, we are blessed to honor her everlasting legacy and magnetic spirit. Naya was an amazing talent, but was an even greater person, mother, daughter and sister,” the statement reads.
“Thank you to the men and women of the Ventura, Tulare, and San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Departments for your commitment and unwavering effort to find Naya,” it continues. “We extend endless gratitude and ovation to the heroine who found her. Thank you to her friends, colleagues, and fans for your continuous support. Heaven gained our sassy angel. We kindly request that our privacy be respected during this very difficult time.”
Rivera was best known for her role on Glee, Iand in films like Step Up: High Water and Devious Maids. She went missing last Wednesday during a boating trip with her son, Josey, at Lake Piru. It is unclear how she ended up in the water, but officials believe that she used her last moments saving her son from drowning.
- Naya Rivera's Body Recovered From Lake Piru, Dead at 33
- Naya Rivera's Presumed Drowning Causes Locals to Petition for Better Protection for Swimmers
- Naya Rivera Is Naked and Pregnant in Sultry Photoshoot
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.