“You and I” featured vocals by Feist, which made it the first duet on a Wilco album. It quickly became a fan favorite as well as one of the most commercially successful songs in the indie rockers’ vast catalog. Mountain Man’s take is quietly faithful, tackling the lyrics with clipped, casual phrasing, and bringing rich three-part harmony to the hook. It’s an appropriate way to honor rock icons as unassuming as Wilco. Stream the full song below.
After an eight-year hiatus, Mountain Man reunited last year for the new album Magic Ship. Next January 17th through 19th, the band will be playing a trio of shows called COSMIC PROM at The Fruit in Durham, North Carolina. These immersive experiences were created with the visual artist Nathaniel Russo, and come with the sub-titles Beneath the Stars, Under the Canopy, and Below the Sea. Tickets are available through Duke University.
- Alanis Morissette announces Jagged Little Pill 25th anniversary tour
- E.T. and Elliott reunite in new nostalgic commercial: Watch
- Top 50 Albums of 2019
- Kid Rock vulgarly trashes Oprah Winfrey during drunken rant, insists he's not racist: Watch [Updated]
- Pearl Jam announce 2020 tour dates, festival appearances
- Justin Timberlake apologizes to Jessica Biel for holding hands with film co-star Alicia Wainwright