EXCLUSIVE: Kimberly Elise (Death Wish) has joined the cast of Mosquito Coast, Apple’s series starring Justin Theroux. The drama from Luther creator Neil Cross and director Rupert Wyatt is based on the 1981 novel The Mosquito Coast by Justin’s uncle, Paul Theroux.
Mosquito Coast stars Theroux as Allie, an idealist who uproots his family to Latin America. Elise will play Jones, a mysterious government agent tracking Allie and his family. She also joins previously cast Melissa George, Gabriel Bateman and Logan Polish.
More from Deadline
- Gary Oldman To Star In Spy Drama 'Slow Horses' For Apple With 'Justified's Graham Yost Exec Producing
- Former HBO Topper Richard Plepler In Talks For Production Deal At Apple
- Kim Rozenfeld Steps Down As Apple Head Of Current Programming & Unscripted, Segues To First-Look Deal
The first episode of Apple’s adaptation is written by Cross and Tom Bissell, with Cross writing and showrunning the series. Wyatt will executive produce and direct the first episode, as well as several more throughout the season.
Fremantle is the studio, producing with Veritas Entertainment Group, whose Alan Gasmer, Peter Jaysen and Bob Bookman also executive produce, along with Ed McDonnell.
Elise, who recently recurred on Fox’s Star, next headlines the OWN original film Carole’s Christmas. The actress, who can be seen opposite Brad Pitt in James Gray’s Ad Astra is repped by Buchwald.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers