Created by Nick Santora, the series has a father (Schwarzenegger) and daughter (Barbaro) at the center of the story.
Barbaro was approached for the series on the heels of her starring turn as Phoenix, the sole female fighter pilot, in the upcoming Top Gun sequel, which Skydance co-produces with Paramount. It is slated for a theatrical release in July 2021.
Schwarzenegger’s involvement in the show also stems from his existing relationship with Skydance on the feature side, having starred in Terminator Genisys and Terminator: Dark Fate for the studio.
Santora is developing and executive producing the untitled series as part of his overall deal with Skydance Television. He also serves as executive producer/showrunner of the studio’s upcoming Jack Reacher drama for Amazon.
Schwarzenegger executive produces the new series along with Skydance’s David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Bill Bost; Carolyn Harris will oversee the project for the company.
Barbaro’s TV series credits include major roles on Stumptown, Splitting Up Together, The Good Cop, UnREAL and Chicago P.D./Chicago Justice. She is repped by UTA, Main Title Entertainment and attorney Neil Meyer.
More from Deadline
- James Cameron Says 'Avatar 2' Filming Is 100% Complete, 'Avatar 3' 95% Finished; Praises New Zealand COVID Response
- Arnold Schwarzenegger To Star In & EP Spy Adventure Series In Works At Skydance TV From Nick Santora
- Peter Bart: Will Celebrity Power Translate To Political Power? 2020 Election Might Yield The Answer
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: America Now Has Over 7 Million COVID-19 Cases As New Daily Infections Rise In 23 States
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto