On Thursday, the show shared a clip of her performance of “I Will” with Rolling Stone, featuring her now-trademark stage choreography atop a kitchen table.
More from Rolling Stone
- Raconteurs Cruise Through 'Austin City Limits' With Blistering 'Sunday Driver'
- Sharon Van Etten Delivers 'Seventeen' With a Mighty Howl on 'Austin City Limits'
- Billie Eilish, Rosalía, Raconteurs Set for 'Austin City Limits' Season 45
Mitski is currently on hiatus from music and live performances, following more than five years of touring her albums Bury Me at Makeout Creek (2014), Puberty 2 (2016), and Be the Cowboy (2018). She closed out her most recent tour with a two-night residency at Central Park’s SummerStage in New York this past September, with Lucy Dacus as her opening act.
“It’s time to be a human again,” she tweeted in June. “I’ve been on nonstop tour for over five years, I haven’t had a place to live during this time, and I sense that if I don’t step away soon, my self-worth/identity will start depending too much on staying in the game.”
The full Austin City Limits episode will include seven more songs from Mitski, along with a set by North Carolina band Rainbow Kitten Surprise.
Best of Rolling Stone
- Elvis Presley: His 10 Best Country Songs
- Hank Williams' Five Most Haunting Performances
- 'A Charlie Brown Christmas': The Making of a Classic Soundtrack
See where your favorite artists and songs rank on the Rolling Stone Charts.