Mindy Kaling and Stephen Colbert discuss their alleged beef: 'We do have a problem!'
addressed the rumored beef between himself and on Monday night.
Over the years, Kaling has appeared on numerous times to promote her very successful shows like The Office, Mindy Project and, now, Never Have I Ever. Based on conversations Colbert and Kaling had on his show, headlines have been published portraying sort of a tense relationship between the two. However, when Colbert read those controversial headlines out loud with Kaling Monday, the two couldn't help but laugh about it.
"Mindy, let's settle that last one. Do you and I have beef?" asked Colbert, to which Kaling replied, "We're the new Kanye/Pete," referring to the ongoing beef between Kanye West and Pete Davidson, of course.
Though, at one point, Kaling didn't disagree, as she pointed out to Colbert, "I mean, if I had to really examine it, I do think there have been things that you've done." In response to that, Colbert pointed a finger right back at Kaling, saying, "Well they didn't say anything about you talking **** about me at the Emmys last year! You called me a messy bitch on stage at the Emmys last year!"
"Wait, that's true," realized Kaling, who added, "You know what? Forget this. We do have a problem!" Colbert followed with: "We do! And I said 'takes one to know one!'"
So, ultimately, Colbert and Kaling realized – maybe they do have beef?
- "Does Mindy Kaling have beef with Stephen Colbert?" Mindy, let's settle that last one. Do you and I have beef?
- We're the new Kanye-Pete.
KYLIE MAR: On The Late Show with Stephen Colbert Monday night, Colbert addressed the alleged beef between himself and Mindy Kaling.
- "Mindy Kaling calls out Colbert's Unprofessional Behavior as Mindy Project guest star." "Stephen Colbert's baby gift sucked compared to Oprah Winfrey's."
KYLIE MAR: Over the years, based on conversations Colbert and Kaling had on his show, headlines have been published portraying sort of a tense relationship between the two. But as Colbert read them out loud with Kaling, Monday, the two couldn't help but laugh about it. Though, at one point, Kaling didn't disagree.
- I mean, if I had to really examine it, I do think there have been things that you've done. There's the time--
- Wow. When you point at someone else, that's three fingers pointing back at you, Mindy.
KYLIE MAR: And then Colbert pointed out--
- Well, they didn't say anything about you talking [BLEEP] about me at the Emmys last year.
You called me a messy bitch on stage from the Emmys last year.
- Wait, that's true.
- Yes, it is true.
KYLIE MAR: So in the end, Colbert and Kaling realized that maybe they do have beef?
- I remember because you did it to me.
- We do you have a problem.
- We do, and I said, takes one to know one.
So, isn't it fun to pretend that we don't have a beef?
- Yeah, it is.