EXCLUSIVE: Mindy Kaling, Sir Ben Kingsley and Lucy Boynton have been added to an already-strong cast of Lockdown, the Doug Liman-directed heist thriller/romantic comedy scripted by Steven Knight. They join Anne Hathaway, Chewitel Eijofor, Ben Stiller, Stephen Merchant, Dulee Hill, Jazmyn Simons and Mark Gatiss.
P.J. van Sandwijk is producing with Alison Winter and Michael Lesslie, and Stuart Ford’s AGC Studios is fully funding the under-$10 million film that is shooting now. CAA Media Finance is co-repping worldwide rights with AGC, and AGC’s Ford and Miguel Palos are exec producers. Hathaway and Ejiofor play a sparring couple who call a truce to attempt a high-risk, high-stakes jewelry heist at one of the world’s most exclusive department store, Harrods. The iconic London landmark granted its glamorous backdrop to the shoot.
Kaling is repped by CAA and 3 Arts, Kingsley by CAA and Independent Talent Group, and Boynton by CAA and United Agents.
More from Deadline
- Eyeing Sandra Bullock & Ryan Reynolds Re-Team, Paramount Sets Helmers Adam & Aaron Nee For 'Lost City Of D'
- Mindy Kaling, Kumail Nanjiani & Lilly Singh Among Headliners For South Asian Block Party Fundraiser In Support Of Joe Biden
- Anne Hathaway-Robert Zemeckis Movie 'Roald Dahl's The Witches' Heads To HBO Max This Month
Best of Deadline
- U.S. Coronavirus Update: America Now Has Over 7 Million COVID-19 Cases As New Daily Infections Rise In 23 States
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto