Mindy Kaling will host the 22nd CDGAs on January 28, 2020 at The Beverly Hilton, the Costume Designers Guild announced today.
“I’m thrilled to be hosting the Costumes Designers Guild Awards,” said the Emmy-nominated actress, author and director. “Costume design and fashion are close to my heart, and I promise many, possibly too many, outfit changes.”
More from Deadline
- Elizabeth Banks, Issa Rae & Mindy Kaling Set New Comedy Series At HBO Max
- 'Blade Runner' & 'Star Trek' Costume Designer Michael Kaplan Set For CDGA Career Honor
- Mindy Kaling At Odds With TV Academy Over Emmy Vetting Practices For 'The Office'
The awards ceremony, executive produced by JumpLine, celebrates excellence in film, television, and short form costume design.
Salvador Perez, President of the CDG and costume designer (The Mindy Project, Four Weddings And A Funeral, the upcoming Never Have I Ever) said, “I am so excited that Mindy is returning to the CDGA, this time as our host. Sharing a long-time collaboration with her has been the highlight of my career.”
As previously announced, this year’s CDGA honorees include Mary Ellen Fields (Distinguished Service Award), Michael Kaplan, (Career Achievement Award), Adam McKay (Distinguished Collaborator Award), and Charlize Theron (Spotlight Award). Presenters will be announced in the coming weeks, with nominees announced on December 10, 2019.
Hey guys! I’m so excited to announce I’m hosting the 22nd @CostumeAwards this January! In its honor, here’s some of my past #CDGA looks all designed by @MrSalPerez. Straight 🔥 am I right? #CDG892 @CDGlocal892 pic.twitter.com/Bfr706VPDM
— Mindy Kaling (@mindykaling) November 20, 2019
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers