Mike Leigh’s is gearing up to shoot his next film (untitled 2020) in the UK this summer, according to the production.
Cornerstone Films will handle international sales, with Bleecker Street on board for U.S. distribution for their first collaboration with the Mr. Turner director. eOne will distribute in the UK, continuing their relationship with the veteran UK filmmaker and Thin Man Films.
More from Deadline
- Scott Cooper To Direct Margaret Qualley In 'A Head Full Of Ghosts' For Cross Creek, Team Downey, The Allegiance Theater - EFM
- Noomi Rapace To Star In Alexandre Aja-Produced Black List Thriller 'O2', Wild Bunch To Launch Franck Khalfoun-Directed Pic At EFM
- Hot Berlin Project: Antonio Banderas & Penelope Cruz Comedy 'Official Competition' Boarded By Protagonist Pictures
Funding comes from Film4, Ingenious and the Spanish company The Mediapro Studio, who act as co-producers. Georgina Lowe produces for Thin Man Films, with Gail Egan as executive producer. Plot details are being kept under wraps. The project will likely be on sale next week at the EFM in Berlin.
Seven-time Oscar nominee and festival-favourite Leigh most recently directed period-drama Peterloo.
Best of Deadline
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon