EXCLUSIVE: Crazy Rich Asians star Michelle Yeoh has been tapped to narrate Nat Geo’s upcoming natural history special . The two-part special premieres Saturday, February 22 from 9-11 PM ET on National Geographic. You can watch an exclusive clip with Yeoh’s narration below. Her casting was announced Friday as part of Nat Geo’s presentation at the TCA Winter Press Tour.
China is the world’s most populated country with more than 1.4 billion people inhabiting its vast and extreme wild lands alongside creatures seen nowhere else in the world. Using high-specification drones, camera traps and the latest 4K camera technology, the special introduces viewers to the real-life drama surrounding the snub-nosed monkey, Tibetan fox, snow leopard and a kaleidoscope of jungle creatures and reveals never-before-see behavior from the nation’s most iconic animal – the giant panda.
More from Deadline
- 'Life Below Zero': Nat Geo Orders Spin-Off & Renews Alaskan Docuseries For Multiple Seasons - TCA
- 'Little Fires Everywhere' EPs On Hulu's Limited Series: "It's A Lot To Unpack" - TCA
- 'The World According To Jeff Goldblum' Renewed For Season 2 On Disney+
Yeoh can currently be seen as Captain Philippa Gregory in CBS All Access’ series Star Trek: Discovery, and a spinoff centering on Yeoh’s character is currently in development at the streaming service.
The Hidden Kingdoms of China is produced by Brian Leith Productions in association with CWCA and BiliBili.
Best of Deadline
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers