It’s Father’s Day, and we’re loving seeing all of the celebrities who are taking to social media to share sweet family moments and tributes to the dads in their lives. And when that tribute also includes a fun old photo? Well, count us extra happy — which is why the Instagram tribute posted by Michelle Obama was especially heartwarming. The former first lady shared a rare throwback photo of her daughters, Malia and Sasha, with her husband (also known as the the 44th POTUS and our favorite presidential dad) Barack, on Instagram with a heartwarming message.
“Thank you for the way you love our girls—and all the young people in this country, no matter who they are or where they come from,” she wrote. “We feel your warmth and generosity today and everyday. Happy Father’s Day, Barack! ❤️”
More from SheKnows
- Kelly Ripa Posts a Sweet 'Shout Out to the Dads' On Father's Day
- I Learned to Be a Loving Mother ... From My Father
- My Dad Passed Away, But This Is What I'd Tell Him if I Could
Barack Obama has been outspoken about how proud he is to be a father, and the former President hasn’t been shy in sharing his excitement to have his daughters stuck at home, either. Despite the uneasy circumstances and COVID-19 pandemic, the king of dad jokes admitted to his former staffers (obtained by Yahoo News) that the biggest upside of quarantine is that his college-age daughters, Malia and Sasha “are stuck having dinner with me.”
Hey, that doesn’t sound bad to us! Happy Father’s Day, Barack — and to all the dads out there. We hope you’re enjoying this celebratory day!
Before you go, watch how Malia and Sasha Obama have grown up before our eyes.
Launch Gallery: 26 Photos of Sasha & Malia Obama Growing Up Before Our Eyes
Best of SheKnows
- 19 Biggest & Most Expensive Celebrity Homes — See Where Sofia Vergara, Beyoncé, & More Put Down Roots
- 21 Must-Read Dystopian Books That Eerily Predicted Our Current Times
- A Complete Timeline of Megan Fox and Brian Austin Green's Relationship