The post Michael Stipe, Phoebe Bridgers, Hayley Williams to Play Virtual Ruth Bader Ginsburg Tribute appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Despite the fact that the COVID-19 outbreak currently working its way through the government possibly started at her nomination ceremony, the GOP seem set on pushing through Judge Amy Coney Barrett’s confirmation hearings. Even worse, the move goes against the dying wishes of Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the iconic Supreme Court Judge whose seat Barrett is trying to fill, and will likely spell the end of Roe v. Wade, the ACA, and other progressive causes. In response, a number of politicians, musicians, and entertainers are joining forces for a virtual RBG tribute called “Honor Her Wish”.
Set to take place October 12th (the first scheduled day of Barrett’s SCOTUS hearings) at 8:00 p.m. ET, the event will honor Justice Ginsburg’s legacy while serving as a rally demanding the Senate to respect her final wish — and the will of the people. Among those scheduled to appear are Michael Stipe, Phoebe Bridgers, Kathleen Hanna, Hayley Williams, Margo Price, Kesha, Jon Batiste, and the Resistance Revival Chorus.
From the political sphere, there will be appearances from Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton, Senator Elizabeth Warren, Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, Representative Ayanna Pressley, Fair Fight Action founder Stacey Abrams, Virginia Delegate Jennifer Carroll Foy, and Justice Ginsburg’s former clerks Sam Bagenstos and Margot Schlanger.
Other scheduled guests include Rosario Dawson, Sophia Bush, author/podcast host Aminatou Sow, and The Notorious RBG co-author Shana Knizhnik.
- Dolly Parton Pays Tribute to RBG: “She Was Small in Stature but Even the Tallest Looked Up to Her”
- Film Review: RBG Examines the Complex, Inspiring Woman Behind All the Memes
“As the Senate begins confirmation hearings to fill RBG’s seat, we must channel her unstoppable determination as we call on our senators to honor her dying wish that there be no confirmation until inauguration,” reads the event’s page.
To get access to “Honor Her Wish”, simply RSVP via Action Network.
Editor’s Note: Stay safe by picking up one of our custom face masks. A portion of the proceeds will benefit MusiCares’ COVID-19 Artist Relief fund supporting independent musicians.
- Mick Fleetwood Joins TikTok Just to Recreate Viral "Dreams" Video: Watch
- R.I.P. Eddie Van Halen, Legendary Guitarist of Van Halen Dead at 65
- Jim Carrey Makes His Saturday Night Live Debut as Joe Biden: Watch
- TikTok's Fleetwood Mac Skateboarder Gets a Truck Full of Cranberry Juice from Ocean Spray
- Van Halen's Top 10 Songs In Honor of Eddie Van Halen