EXCLUSIVE: WME has signed prominent Mexican director Pitipol Ybarra, whose latest feature Videocine staring Mauricio Ochmann recently wrapped shooting.
Ybarra previously helmed 2018 feature Ya Veremos, also starring Ochmann, which was released by Pantelion/Lionsgate in the U.S. and Videocine in Mexico, grossing an impressive $10M in the latter. He also directed 2013 pic Pulling Strings which took close to $14M globally.
More from Deadline
- 'Booksmart's Nico Hiraga Inks With WME
- WME Inks Indian 'Citadel' Team Of Raj Nidimoru And Krishna D.K.
- Fremantle Hires Former WME Literary Agent Raffaella de Angelis As It Bolsters Search For IP
Ybarra’s TV work includes on local Netflix series Preso No.1. The director has strong family ties in Mexico’s entertainment business, including his brother, Epigmenio Ybarra, who owns Argos Comunicacion, one of the biggest television production companies in Mexico.
“The next step in my career is working more in the United States and directing more English-language projects. I am excited to work with WME who are helping me cross over to more mainstream, English-language TV and film projects,” commented Ybarra.
He continues to be managed by Larry Robinson at Los Angeles and London based management/production company Avatar Entertainment.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: U.S. Death Toll At 26; Washington, California & Florida See Fatalities - Update
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More