When you throw Metta World Peace into a BIG3 game, this is apparently what you get.
The 38-year-old former NBA All-Star punted a basketball and earned a quick ejection in the opening minutes of a BIG3 game, showing he is still very much the eccentric and combustible player basketball fans have come to know. With his Killer 3s team down 3-0 to Trilogy, World Peace made a very emphatic exit.
There is so, so much to break down in a glorious clip like this. Here are some of the highlights:
- Killer 3s coach and former Knicks great Charles Oakley perplexedly yelling at World Peace and calling him “Ron”
- BIG3 co-founder Ice Cube briefly looking even less amused
- World Peace shanking his kick, which the BIG3 announcers rated as a “four and a half”
- Trilogy player Rashad McCants timidly motioning for the technical foul
- World Peace appearing to yell “I f—ing quit”
- World Peace walking toward his locker room, then apparently stopping to take a selfie with a young fan who likely just got quite the bang for his buck
More from Yahoo Sports:
• Kellen Winslow Jr. faces additional charge of raping unconscious teenager
• Isaiah Thomas agrees to 1-yr deal with Denver Nuggets
• Shady McCoy’s ex-girlfriend claims ‘he set me up’
• Inside LiAngelo Ball’s debut in LaVar’s league