Written by Saltzman, Memory is based on the Korean format from Studio Dragon off a story originally created by Ji-woo Kim and Chan-hong Park. Diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer’s, a high-profile attorney is forced to confront his past mistakes and perilous future, all while racing against time to uncover a Big Pharma conspiracy that may lead him to a cure that could save his life, his career, and his family.
More from Deadline
- Showtime's "The Circus" Returns With Focus On Candidates Juggling Campaign Trail And Impeachment Trial
- 'Rita': Showtime Dramedy Pilot Adds Five To Cast
- Johnny Flynn Joins Andrew Scott In Steven Zaillian's Tom Ripley Drama Series At Showtime
Saltzman executive produces alongside Kapital’s Aaron Kaplan and Dana Honor, Hyun Park from Studio Dragon International, Miky Lee from CJ Entertainment, and Ji-woo Kim. Showtime produces with Kapital.
At Showtime, Kapital has drama series The Chi, which is heading into third season.
“We are grateful to Aaron and Kapital Entertainment for believing in our Korean format Memory. With Michael on board, we are truly excited to see his new take on this important story.” said Hyun Park, CEO of Studio Dragon International, the US wholly owned subsidiary of Korean scripted TV studio Studio Dragon Corp.
CJ Entertainment, which represents the formal alongside Studio Dragon, also is behind HBO’s high-profile Parasite limited series adaptation.
Early in his career, Saltzman worked exclusively in comedy, including stints as showrunner and executive producer on Murphy Brown, The Naked Truth and Baby Bob (which he created). Saltzman moved into drama writing when he joined the staff of Mad Men for seasons 5 & 6 and subsequently staffed on Hell on Wheels, Halt and Catch Fire, and Sneaky Pete. Saltzman is currently Co-Executive Producer of the Amazon series The Boys. He’s repped by manager Michael Pelmont at the Nacelle Company and attorney Robert Getman.
The Memory format is repped by Paradigm.
Best of Deadline
- Peacock Programming: List Of NBCUniversal Streaming Service’s Series, Films, Sports, News & More
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers