It was a Sunday night for the record books on “Celebrity Wheel of Fortune,” as Melissa Joan Hart became the first celebrity to win $1 million. Hart rose to stardom on “Clarissa Explains It All” and cast a spell on audiences in “Sabrina the Teenage Witch,” but the star of her latest television appearance was her favorite charity .
“They serve families and children across 23 different states in every kind of level, going through foster care and aging out of foster care especially,” Hart explained.
Earlier in the game, Hart collected a million dollar wedge. After solving the bonus puzzle, ‘Bran Muffins,’ it was revealed that she won an additional $1,000,000. Her total winnings and donation to Youth Villages totalled $1,039,800.
- Time starts. Good luck. Bran muffins?
- That's it. You got it.
[CHEERS AND APPLAUSE]
- [LAUGHS] Oh, no!
- Would your charity-- could they use $1 million?
- It was a Sunday night for the record books on "Celebrity Wheel of Fortune" as Melissa Joan Hart became the first celebrity to win $1 million. Hart rose to stardom on "Clarissa Explains It All" and cast a spell on audiences as "Sabrina The Teenage Witch." But the true star of her latest television appearance was her favorite charity.
- I'm still shaking.
- $1,027,800 for?
- For Youth Villages.
- I suspect that will come mighty handy for them.
- Oh, they're going to be thrilled.
- Youth Villages serves children who are in foster care, especially those who are about to age out. And while viewers were excited to see a celebrity finally claim the million-dollar prize, nobody was more thrilled or shocked than Hart herself.
- Oh, my gosh. I was just beside myself. I mean, I wanted to come here and win some money for charity. And just to know that that money is going to go to such good.
- Your puzzle was bran muffins.
- Bran muffins. I'm going to have to eat one tomorrow, I guess.
- You are. You may.
- I'm going to buy stock in it or something. I don't know. I don't know.