The deal, which will benefit the conservation charity Elephants Without Borders, was signed before the recent uproar over Markle and husband Prince Harry’s plans to disengage from the Royal Family and pursue other opportunities. The Times of London reported the deal.
More from Deadline
- '1917' Storms Global Turnstiles With $56M+; 'Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker' Nears $1B WW - International Box Office
- 2019 Worldwide Box Office Hits $42.5B Record; Offshore Too With $31B+: Highlights From The International Profit Center & What's Ahead For 2020 - Global Studio Chart
- Prince Harry & Meghan Markle Effectively Resigning From British Royal Family
The voiceover deal may be a prelude to future endeavors for the family, which has trademarked the Sussex Royal brand name.
Negotiations on the couple’s exit plan from Royal duties continues. Markle is in Canada, while Prince Harry is negotiating with the Royal family.
There was a pre-existing relationship between Disney and the couple – the company gave them a watercolor Winnie-the-Pooh animation to celebrate their child Archie’s birth.
Best of Deadline
- Stan Lee's Legacy: Ranking The Hollywood Heroes Co-Created By The Marvel Comics Icon
- Disney-Fox Deal: How It Ranks Among Biggest All-Time Media Mergers