Meghan Markle's father has reportedly had a change of heart.
One day after telling TMZ that he no longed planned on attending his daughter's upcoming royal wedding on Saturday, Thomas Markle is backtracking after Meghan reportedly called and texted him expressing concern for his health.
On Monday, after it was revealed that Thomas staged paparazzi photos of himself preparing for the royal wedding, the former Hollywood light director told TMZ that, despite checking out of a hospital early following a heart attack one week ago in order to attend the nuptials, he was too embarrassed by his actions to show his face at Windsor Castle.
Now, back in the hospital undergoing a series of tests after experiencing chest pains, Thomas is now saying that there's no question that he wants to be present on Saturday to walk his daughter down the aisle.
"I hate the idea of missing one of the greatest moments in history and walking my daughter down the aisle," he told TMZ. "Of course I'd walk her down the aisle. This is a historic moment. I'd like to be part of history."
Meghan's reclusive father, whose quiet life in Mexico is directly at odds with his daughter's firm position in the international spotlight, told the outlet that he's thought more about his paparazzi stunt, which he called "stupid" but "not a serious transgression."
Additionally, Thomas told TMZ that he received a missed call from Meghan after the initial report broke on Monday, which she followed up with a text saying "she loved him and was concerned about his health. [...] She harbors no ill feelings toward him for making a deal with a paparazzi agency to stage photos of him getting ready for the wedding."
Though he's changed his mind about appearing at the royal wedding, that doesn't mean he'll be allowed to attend. Thomas says that doctors informed him that he's done "serious damage" to his heart and may not let him leave the hospital in time to get to England for the big event.
Earlier on Tuesday, reports surfaced saying that Meghan was "devastated" by her father's decision, which "was his decision entirely," and that she "would still like him to come."
"She obviously wants her dad there," a source told the Daily Mail. "And the idea of contemplating him not being there now is not something that she wants to have to do."
In an uncharacteristic statement, Meghan and Harry called the situation "deeply personal."
"This is a deeply personal moment for Ms. Markle in the days before her wedding," the statement read. "She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr. Markle in this difficult situation."
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are slated to get married on Saturday, May 19, inside St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle.
Related Video: Meghan Markle Gives Letter to an Inspired Fan
More from AOL.com:
Prince William helps paint community center for Grenfell Tower fire victims ahead of royal wedding
How Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will spend their last night before the royal wedding
Meghan Markle's father reportedly not attending royal wedding days after suffering heart attack
- This article was initially published on AOL.com: Meghan Markle's father reportedly changes his mind, wants to walk her down the aisle