Now the Houston rapper has released a statement revealing that she suffered a gunshot wound and was taken to the hospital.
"The narrative that is being reported about Sunday's morning events are inaccurate and I'd like to set the record straight," she wrote in a note shared on Instagram. "On Sunday morning, I suffered gunshot wounds, as a result of a crime that was committed against me and done with the intention to physically harm me. I was never arrested, the police officers drove me to the hospital where I underwent surgery to remove the bullets."
Early reports of the incident indicated that "everyone in the vehicle" was detained by police. The car the two artists were in was pulled over, and police arrested Lanez and charged him with carrying a concealed weapon in a vehicle.
"I'm incredibly grateful to be alive and that I'm expected to make a full recovery, but it was important for me to clarify the details about this traumatic night," she continued. "I'm currently focused on my recovery, so I can return back to my life and back to making music as soon as possible." In the caption for the note, she added, "This whole experience was an eye opener and a blessing in disguise. I hate that it took this experience for me to learn how to protect my energy."
- Tory Lanez Arrested on Gun Charge Following Police Search, Megan Thee Stallion Was With Him (UPDATE)
- Megan Thee Stallion Connects With Crunchyroll on Limited Edition Anime Merch
- Streaming and Sales Data Shows Hip-Hop Ran the First Half of 2020
- The Complex SHOP: Designer Clothing and Brands
- Complex Podcast Network
- Sole Collector Mobile App - Your app for the Sneaker World
- Sneaker of the Year: The Best Since ’85 Book - Now available for pre-order!
Sign up for the Complex Newsletter for breaking news, events, and unique stories.