The post Mayhem unleash first single “Worthless Abominations Destroyed” from new album Daemon: Stream appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Clocking in at under four minutes, the track is a short burst of dissonant aggression, teeming with sinister atmosphere and washes of guitar. Attlila Csihar’s grim vocals take the form of chants and whispered groans, fading in-and-out until the track’s final conclusive burst, where they take on a commanding snarl. It’s a brutal piece of black metal fitting of one of the genre’s earliest pioneers.
“After teasing you guys for over six months, it’s finally time to show you what we have been up to in the studio this summer,” guitarist Teloch says in a press release. “Here’s ‘Worthless Abominations Destroyed’, a track that was made with the intention to have this ‘all is lost and hopeless’ feeling.”
Daemon arrives on October 25th, and will be the first Mayhem album released via Century Media after the band inked a new record deal earlier this year. Pre-order packages, including deluxe vinyl versions, are available from the label. The band will also tour across Europe this fall in support of the album. In the meantime, stream the new song below.
01. The Dying False King
02. Agenda Ignis
03. Bad Blood
05. Falsified and Hated
06. Aeon Daemonium
07. Worthless Abominations Destroyed
08. Daemon Spawn
09. Of Worms and Ruins
10. Invoke the Oath
- Trent Reznor acknowledges contribution to "Old Town Road" after CMA Awards nomination
- Tool announce North American tour
- R.I.P. Gordon Bressack, Pinky and the Brain writer dead at 68
- Kevin Hart injured after car crashes in Malibu Hills [Updated]
- Bear Grylls rescued by medics after near-fatal bee sting
- Zach Galifianakis nearly kills Matthew Mcconaughey in first trailer for Between Two Ferns: Watch