The post Matt and Kim drummer tears ACL, but “Grand 10th Anniversary Tour” still on appeared first on Consequence of Sound.
Schifino persevered to finish the band’s performance, but later had to be carried off the stage. Despite the harrowing incident, the indie pop duo has confirmed its previously announced “Grand 10th Anniversary Tour” will still go on as planned.
“Kim’s the most badass person I know and a true performer,” the band’s Matt Johnson posted on social media. “And in the saying ‘the show must go on’ she has gone directly into physical therapy and her doctor says with intensive work she will be ready to go for the GRAND anniversary tour this fall.”
(Read: The Top Albums of 2009)
He added, “As incredibly sad as she is about this injury she was even more sad at the prospect of missing this tour so we are proud to say it will happen.”
In order to better prepare for the “Grand” tour, however, Matt and Kim are no longer performing at New Jersey’s Sea.Hear.Now. Festival in September. “Her doctor feels it’s too soon and dangerous for her recovery,” Johnson noted.
Find all of the indie pop outfit’s social media posts below.
Revisit Grand single “Daylight”:
- Breaking Bad movie gets title, teaser, and premiere date: Watch
- Dropkick Murphys stage intimate performance outside sick kid's window: Watch
- Emma Stone is punk rock Cruella de Vil in first image from upcoming prequel
- Seth Hurwitz, co-owner of 9:30 Club and Merriweather Post Pavilion, charged with solicitation of prostitution
- Bob Odenkirk says Breaking Bad movie already filmed: "They did it"