Star Wars star Mark Hamill will headline a virtual fundraiser for Joe Biden on June 30, the latest in a series of events the campaign has on its slate in an effort to raise huge sums before the fall campaign.
According to an invite, Hamill will moderate a “virtual conversation about hope and democracy.” Tickets will start at $500 per person, and rise to $100,000 for those who want to be listed as co-chairs. The proceeds will go to the Biden campaign, the Democratic National Committee and state parties.
More from Deadline
- Barack Obama To Headline Fundraiser For Joe Biden, Who Raised $80.8M In May - Update
- Barbra Streisand, At Joe Biden Fundraiser, Says Donald Trump "Is Dangerous To Our Health"
- Joe Biden Calls On Facebook To Get Tougher On Misinformation; "We Will Protect Political Speech," Company Responds
Biden next week will be raising money with former President Barack Obama, in what is described as a “grassroots” fundraiser with tickets starting at a much lower price point, $15 per person.
Biden’s campaign also has a June 29 reception planned with Jill Biden, Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), Tony Coehlo and actress Lynda Carter. The event is a virtual reception to mark the 30th anniversary of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
Biden’s campaign announced earlier this week that the Biden Victory Fund had raised $80.8 million during the month of May, even though the coronavirus crisis has limited in-person events. The virtual fundraisers have also saved the campaign from paying travel costs and made it easier for celebrities to appear. Last week, Biden held a fundraiser that featured Barbra Streisand, Jennifer Hudson, Jay Leno, John Legend and Andra Day.
Best of Deadline
- Coronavirus: Global Cases Pass 8 Million As Death Toll Nears 450,000; U.S. Deaths At 116,000 - Update
- Coronavirus: Movies That Have Halted Or Delayed Production Amid Outbreak
- Hong Kong Filmart Postponed Due To Coronavirus Fears; Event Moves Two Weeks Before Toronto