Mario Lopez, his three kids, and dog are the official winners of Halloween 2019!
Lopez shared a gallery of photos Thursday on Instagram featuring his three children Gia, 9, Dominic, 6, and Santino, 3 months, dressed up as characters from the show that made their dad famous: Saved by the Bell. The actor and TV host portrayed Bayside High School student A.C. Slater on the long-running Saturday morning comedy.
His eldest channeled cheerleader Kelly Kapowski (played by Tiffani Thiessen on the series), wearing a cheerleader uniform with red and white pom-poms. Dominic dressed up as the coolest kid at school, Zack Morris, accessorizing with the enormous brick-shaped mobile phones that were popular when the show came out in 1989.
Little Santino stole the show, dressed up in a miniature version of his dad’s wrestling singlet — complete with a curly mullet wig. And good ol’ dad didn’t forget to honor Slater’s long-deceased pet Artie the chameleon. The family’s French bulldog Julio Cesar Chavez-Lopez wore an adorable lizard ensemble.
In September, NBC announced it was moving forward with a reboot of Saved by the Bell, headed for its new Peacock streaming platform. Both Lopez and his small-screen love interest Elizabeth Berkley (Jessie Spano) are confirmed to be part of the cast.
- Saved By The Bell reboot in the works for NBCU streaming service
- Hey preppies: Mark-Paul Gosselaar says he’s open to Saved By The Bell reboot
- Mario Lopez and Mark-Paul Gosselaar have a meme-tastic Saved By The Bell reunion
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar joins black-ish spin-off mixed-ish
- Saved By The Bell cast reunites for a dinner