In the clip, the pair is seen sitting at The Max, the iconic restaurant that was often featured in the original series. “We just shot our first scene — well, not really our first scene. It was like a promo,” the father-of-two shared.
More from SheKnows
- 'Lizzie McGuire' Reboot Isn't Happening Right Now Thanks to Show Creator
- Kelly Ripa, Kevin Hart, Tori Spelling, & More Celebs on Winter Break With Their Kids
- Disney+ Gives First Sneak Peek of the New Lizzie McGuire in 2020 Teaser Trailer
“Talk about being in a time machine!” Elizabeth replied. “And I mean, I’m sorry, we look the same.”
“Yessss my favorite show is back 😍,” one fan commented while another added, “You guys look so awesome I swear you haven’t aged a day.”
It’s been quite some time since the actors reprised their memorable roles of A.C Slater and Jessie Spano. Saved By the Bell first hit television screens in 1989 and ran for four seasons through 1993. Some of the cast members reunited in 2015 on The Jimmy Fallon Show for a skit where they teased a potential revival. And now, five years later, that revival is happening — and set to launch on NBCUniversal’s upcoming streaming platform, Peacock, in April 2020.
Just last week, Mark-Paul Gosselaar, star of the original series, announced that he will be reprising his role of Zack Morris for the reboot. “Everybody can sleep well at night,” he said. “It looks like you will have us in some capacity.”
Tiffani Thiessen, who played Morris’ love interest Kelly Kapowski, is also rumored to be interested in joining the series, however no confirmation has been made of her involvement.
Best of SheKnows
- All the Non-Holiday Winter Movies You Should Be Watching Right Now
- 11 Female Film Characters Who Made an Impact in 2018